Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

EDLD 5301: Week 2 Reflection



This week’s assignment provided me with the opportunity to view and read about experienced leaders and the types of action research they have conducted within their campuses. I was able to learn something new from each of them. I specifically liked what Dr. Timothy Chargios said about continuing to educate ourselves, the analogy that green shows that you are growing and brown that you are dying, could not be more accurate in our field. If new and experienced teachers do not continue to participate in professional development and stay informed about new instructional strategies, then they fail to impact more students. I also agree with Dr. Kirk Lewis advice about action research, his suggestion was that we need to focus on action research that is practical so that students can benefit more.  I really enjoyed reading and becoming more knowledgeable about the nine areas of major wondering in many schools.  The readings gave me a better understanding of different possible issues that can be good inquiries for an action research. I was able to relate to several issues that are currently present in my school campus, but that previous to this week’s reading I didn’t recognized them as possible action research topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment